Oxycontin is one of the most commonly abused prescription drugs. Although Oxycontin is legal with a doctor’s prescription, it often causes several problems for addicts who have become dependent on the drug. Oxycontin addiction can disrupt relationships and work performance. Possession can also lead to arrest for addicts without a prescription or those that operate motor vehicle under the influence. An effective Oxycontin addiction treatment plan will consider your unique situation to develop a personalized approach.
Quitting Oxycontin with the Control Center
Quitting Oxycontin abruptly (cold turkey) can cause severe withdrawal symptoms such as fever, weakness, pain, panic attacks, nausea, and insomnia. This makes it difficult for many addicts to quit successfully. The Control Center uses a Medical Detoxification Program to help addicts quit Oxycontin safely. Additional outpatient medical management services help addicts stay off the drug and make healthier choices.
Life without Oxycontin
Many addicts develop Oxycontin dependencies because they have mental health issues. Addressing these underlying issues is an important step towards long-term sobriety. The Control Center offers a range of services to make this possible, including:
- Neuropsychological Assessment to diagnose mental health issues that could affect the client’s rehab experience and long-term sobriety
- Specialty Psychotherapy that addresses mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem that commonly co-exist with addiction
- Spiritual Therapy that incorporates meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, and creative visualization to help clients maintain control over their lives so that they can make healthier choices
- Family and Couples Therapy that helps individuals forge stronger relationships that they can use as part of a solid support system should they face relapse
Thriving with Sobriety
The Control Center uses a variety of alternative therapies that have been effective for many Oxycontin addicts. Some of these alternative therapies include:
- Somatic Experiencing
- Chinese Medicine
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Effective Oxycontin addiction treatment plans take a personalized approach that identifies and considers the unique needs of each client. Contact the Control Center to learn more about a treatment plan that matches your needs.